If you’re in search of the perfect vacation destination, look no further than Agra to Mount Abu. Located in the Aravalli hills of the Sirohi District in Rajasthan, this popular hill station is known as the “Shimla of Rajasthan” and attracts a large number of visitors each year. Mount Abu offers something for everyone, with a variety of activities and attractions such as camping, nature viewing, religious sites, sunset points, historical monuments, and much more.
Whether you’re looking to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature or discover the rich cultural history of the region, Mount Abu has it all. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed by a trip to this magical place. So why wait? Start planning your journey from Agra to Mount Abu today!
Agra to Mount Abu is a popular travel route that takes visitors through the scenic and culturally rich regions of north India. Agra, located in the state of Uttar Pradesh, is home to the world-famous Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the seven wonders of the world. Mount Abu, located in the state of Rajasthan, is a popular hill station known for its tranquil atmosphere and beautiful national park.
The journey from Agra to Mount Abu takes travelers through a diverse landscape of forests, fields, and hills, providing a unique and memorable experience. Along the way, you can stop at various points of interest, such as temples, forts, and other historical landmarks, and savor the local cuisine and culture. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, a trip from Agra to Mount Abu is sure to delight and inspire.
Mode Of Transportation
There is no direct transportation mode connecting Agra and Mount Abu. The cheapest way to reach Mount Abu from Agra is to catch a train from Agra to Ahmedabad and then take a taxi or bus from Ahmedabad to Mount Abu. The distance between Agra and Mount Abu is 751 km and it takes approximately 13 to 14 hours to reach Mount Abu via Bikaner-Agra Road. It’s important to note that it takes approximately 7-8 hours to travel from Ahmedabad to Mount Abu. Regardless of which mode of transportation you choose, it’s advisable to plan and book your tickets and trip in advance to ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable journey.
Agra to Mount Abu By Flight
There are no direct flights from Agra to Mount Abu. However, you can get connecting flights to Ahmedabad, Jaipur, or Udaipur to reach Mount Abu. The flight duration may vary depending on the airline and the city from which you are departing, and can take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours or longer. It’s a good idea to book your tickets in advance to take advantage of discounts available online or through mobile apps. Planning ahead and booking your tickets early can help you secure affordable and convenient flight options for your trip.
Agra to Mount Abu by Trains
One of the most affordable and convenient options for traveling from Agra to Mount Abu is by train. To reach Mount Abu from Agra, you can take a train to Abu Road Railway Station and then transfer to a taxi, local bus, or other mode of transportation to reach Mount Abu. This is an efficient and cost-effective way to travel between the two destinations. Train travel also offers the added benefits of comfortable seating, scenic views, and the opportunity to relax and unwind during the journey. So if you’re looking for a stress-free and budget-friendly way to get to Mount Abu from Agra, consider taking the train.
Agra to Abu Road Train Schedule
|Train Name||Train No||Departure Time(Agra)||Arrival Time(Abu Road)||Journey Time||Running Days|
|AGC SBIB SF EXP||12547||10:10 PM||08:20 AM||10 hr 10 m||Monday, Tuesday, |
|GWL SBIB SF EXP||22547||10:10 PM||08:20 AM||10 hr 10 m||Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday|
|LKO ADI EXPRESS||19402||08:15 AM||07:55 PM||11 hr 40 m||Wednesday|
|GKP ADI EXP||19410||08:25 PM||06:50 AM||10hr 25 m||Monday, Saturday|
|JANSADHARAN EXP||15269||04:35 PM||03:45 PM||11 hr 10 m||Friday|
Agra to Mount Abu by Buses
Another option for traveling from Agra to Mount Abu is by bus. This can be a lengthy journey of 14-15 hours, depending on traffic, but it offers a great opportunity to see the sights and sounds of the region along the way. To take the bus from Agra to Mount Abu, you’ll need to book your tickets in advance from a travel agency or agent. It’s a good idea to compare prices and services from different providers to find the most suitable option for your budget. While bus travel may not be as fast as other modes of transportation, it can be a comfortable and enjoyable way to reach Mount Abu from Agra, allowing you to relax and take in the scenery during the journey.
Agra to Mount Abu Private buses Schedule
|Bus Name||Departure Time from Agra||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Service||Time Duration||Pickup|
|Kalpana Travels Pvt.Ltd.||02:45||21:45||A/C Sleeper||19h 0m||Raj kalpana travels shop|
|Kalpana Travels Pvt.Ltd.||04:45||19:30||A/c Sleeper||14h 45m||Raj Kalpana travels Shop|
|Jakhar Travel||13:00||03:45||Non A/C seater/Sleeper||14h 45m||Amar travel,M.G.road Agra|
|Rajasthan Tour and travel||11:00||02:00||A/C Sleeper||15h 0m||Agra bypass|
Driving From Agra to Mount Abu
If you want to have complete control over your travel itinerary and the flexibility to stop and explore along the way, driving from Agra to Mount Abu might be the best option for you. The distance between the two destinations is 751 km via Bikaner-Agra Road, and it takes approximately 11-12 hours to drive, depending on traffic. While it can be a long journey, driving allows you to take breaks at your leisure and bring along a driver if you prefer. You can also hire a cab, which may be more expensive than taking the bus or train but offers a more comfortable and personalized travel experience. Regardless of how you choose to travel, driving from Agra to Mount Abu allows you to see and experience the beautiful sights and sounds of the region at your own pace.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Proper planning is key when organizing a trip from Agra to Mount Abu. Make sure you have all the necessary details, such as the exact location of your destination and the contact information for your chosen mode of transportation. It’s also a good idea to check for any potential road closures or diversions that may affect your journey. To help ensure that your trip goes smoothly and that you have a pleasant and enjoyable experience, take the time to prepare and gather this information beforehand. Don’t forget to also pack all the essentials, such as bottled water, snacks, and any necessary documents or items you may need during your travels. By being well-informed and prepared, you can make the most of your trip from Agra to Mount Abu.