Welcome to our blog about the journey from Ambaji to Mount Abu! Ambaji is a town located in the Banaskantha district of the Indian state of Gujarat, while Mount Abu is a hill station located in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan, India. If you are planning a trip to Rajasthan and want to visit both Ambaji and Mount Abu, this blog will provide all the information you need to know about the various transportation options available, including the distance between the two places, the types of buses and taxis available, the cost of tickets, and the amenities offered. We will also provide an overview of the main attractions in Mount Abu and offer tips for making the most of a trip to both places. We hope this blog will be useful for those planning a trip to Rajasthan and wanting to visit both Ambaji and Mount Abu.
Reason for writing the blog
The main reason for writing this blog is to provide information for those planning a trip to Rajasthan and wanting to visit both Ambaji and Mount Abu. The blog will cover the distance between Ambaji and Mount Abu, the various modes of transportation available, and the main attractions in both places. It will also provide tips and suggestions for making the most of a trip to both Ambaji and Mount Abu, such as combining different modes of transportation and planning a flexible itinerary. By reading this blog, travelers can gain a better understanding of the options available for traveling between Ambaji and Mount Abu and can make informed decisions about their trip.
Distance between Ambaji and Mount Abu
The distance between Ambaji and Mount Abu is approximately 54 kilometers. The exact distance may vary slightly depending on the route taken. The estimated travel time by car is around 1 to 2 hours, while the estimated travel time by bus is around 2 hours. It is not possible to travel between Ambaji and Mount Abu by train, as there is no railway line connecting these two places.
There are several options available for transportation between Ambaji and Mount Abu:
- Car: One option is to travel by car. This allows you to have the most flexibility and control over your schedule, as you can stop at any time to take breaks or visit attractions along the way. You can either drive your own car or hire a taxi for the journey. The estimated travel time by car is around 1 hours, depending on the route taken and traffic conditions.
- Bus: Another option is to travel by bus. There are several bus operators that offer regular services between Ambaji and Mount Abu. The buses are air-conditioned and may have amenities such as reclining seats and charging points. The estimated travel time by bus is around 2 hours, depending on the route taken and traffic conditions.
Private Travels Buses from Ambaji to Mount Abu
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
|RP Rajasthan Travels||04:59||05:49||00hrs 50mins||₹500||Ambaji, dk circal, bus stand ke samne|
|RP Rajasthan Travels||05:15||06:10||00hrs 55mins||₹500||Ambaji, dk circal, bus stand ke samne|
|Shrinath® Travel Agency Pvt. Ltd.||02:29||06:00||03hrs 31mins||₹449||Shrinath travel agency near jain temple,greenpark hotal|
|Gujarat travels||12:00||13:45||01hrs 45mins||₹500||Gujarat travels, opp. Central bus stand nr. Ellora hotel, ambaji|
Check out more buses on : MakeMyTrip
- Shared taxi: You can also travel by shared taxi, which is a more expensive option but offers a more comfortable and convenient journey. Shared taxis are available from Ambaji to Mount Abu and can be booked through travel agencies or at the taxi stand in Ambaji.
It is not possible to travel between Ambaji and Mount Abu by train, as there is no railway line connecting these two places.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
To ensure that your trip from Ambaji to Mount Abu goes smoothly, it is crucial to have all the necessary details beforehand. Make sure you know the precise location of your destination and have the contact information for your chosen mode of transportation. Additionally, it is advisable to check for any road closures or diversions that may affect your journey. By doing your research and planning ahead, you can guarantee a hassle-free and enjoyable trip.