A brief overview of the trip from Barmer to Mount Abu
Are you planning a trip from Barmer to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Welcome to our blog about the beautiful journey from Barmer to Mount Abu! Located in the western state of Rajasthan, Barmer is a city steeped in history and culture, with a desert landscape that is both harsh and breathtaking. Mount Abu, on the other hand, is a hill station nestled in the Aravalli Range and is known for its cool climate, natural beauty, and spiritual significance.
Whether you are a seasoned traveler or a first-time visitor to Rajasthan, the journey from Barmer to Mount Abu is sure to be an unforgettable experience. We hope that this blog will serve as a helpful guide as you plan and undertake this amazing journey, and that it will inspire you to explore all that this incredible region has to offer.
Essential tips for planning your trip including research, packing, and route selection
Planning a trip from Barmer to Mount Abu is sure to be an adventure!
To make the most out of your journey here are some essential tips for planning your trip including research, packing, and route selection:
- Begin by researching the route and prepare for possible transportation options.
- Consider packing light clothing and snacks in order to make your travel more comfortable.
- When deciding on your route, account for scenic stops along the way as well as landmarks of interest.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with local cultures and laws so that you can truly experience all that this amazing region has to offer. With these tips in mind, you are sure to have an unforgettable journey!
Primary Attractions – highlights of the attractions you’ll find along the way
Along your journey to Mount Abu, you’ll find plenty of attractions to keep your trip exciting! From breathtaking natural sites like the Dilwara Temple and Nakki Lake to man-made marvels like the Adhar Devi Temple and Gaumukh Temple, there is something for everyone. Additionally, take a visit to the Achalgarh Fort or explore the picturesque sunset point for even more stunning views. With all these attractions, you’ll never be short of an unforgettable experience!
Driving From Barmer to Mount Abu
The distance between Barmer and Mount Abu is approximately 276 kilometers Via RJ SH 16, and the drive typically takes about 8-9 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
It is recommended to avoid driving at night from Abu road to Mount Abu, as the road can be winding and narrow in places, and visibility can be poor. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for wild animals, as they are sometimes known to roam on your Mount Abu road.
Overall, the drive from Barmer to Mount Abu is a beautiful and scenic journey that offers a glimpse into the diverse landscapes and cultures of Rajasthan. It’s a great way to start or end your trip to the region.
Barmer to Mount Abu Via Bus
If you are planning on traveling by bus from Barmer to Mount Abu, it is likely that there are no bus services available directly to Mount Abu. But there are other bus options available from Barmer to Abu Road which is the nearset station to Mount Abu. The exact schedules and fares for these services may vary, so it is best to contact the local bus station or a travel agent for up-to-date information.
Top Rated Buses from Barmer to Abu Road
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Abu Road||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 185426||07:20||13:30||06hrs 10mins||₹ 274||BARMER|
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 179911||09:15||16:00||06hrs 45mins||₹ 274||BARMER|
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 145805||12:30||19:30||07hrs 00mins||₹ 274||BARMER|
|Sodha travels||19:25||01:55||06hrs 30mins||₹ 800||Sodha travels chohtan choraha|
|Jay Bajrang Travels||19:30||23:57||04hrs 27mins||₹ 500||Harsidhi travels shodha bus service|
The journey by bus from Barmer to Abu Road typically takes around 6-7 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
Overall, traveling by bus from Barmer to Mount Abu is a convenient and affordable way to explore the region. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a comfortable and enjoyable journey.
Barmer to Mount Abu Via Train
Unfortunately, there are no trains that travel directly from Barmer to Abu Road which is the nearest railway station to the destination which is Mount Abu.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
When it comes to traveling from Barmer to Mount Abu, it is crucial to be well-informed and well-prepared. This includes having a clear understanding of your destination’s location and having the necessary contact information for your chosen method of transportation. It is also a good idea to check for any potential road disruptions or detours before beginning your journey. By doing so, you can ensure that your trip goes smoothly and that you have an enjoyable experience. Planning ahead can help you avoid any unnecessary inconveniences or issues that may arise during your trip.