In this blog post, we will explore the various options for traveling from Bhopal to Mount Abu and provide tips on what to see and do during your trip. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Mount Abu has something for everyone.
Bhopal is the capital city of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, known for its rich history and cultural heritage. Located in central India, Bhopal is home to several important landmarks, including the Bhopal State Museum and the Taj-ul-Masajid, one of the largest mosques in India.
Mount Abu is a popular hill station in the western Indian state of Rajasthan. Located in the Aravalli Range, Mount Abu is known for its beautiful natural surroundings, including the Nakki Lake and the Dilwara Temple, a complex of Jain temples that are considered to be one of the most beautiful in India. Mount Abu is also a popular destination for adventure sports such as rock climbing and paragliding.
Table of Contents
How To Reach From Bhopal To Mount Abu
Here are some ways to travel from Bhopal to Mount Abu:
Driving From Bhopal To Mount Abu
Driving from Bhopal to Mount Abu is a convenient and enjoyable way to reach the hill station, especially if you’re planning to explore the surrounding area at your own pace. The journey takes about 13-14 hours by road, depending on the route and the traffic. You can take the Chittorgarh – Khargone – Bhusawal Highway.
Here are some tips for a successful road trip from Bhopal to Mount Abu:
- Plan your route in advance and bring a valid driver’s license and necessary documents.
- Take breaks and plan for pit stops along the way.
- Be prepared for varying road conditions.
- Drive safely and follow traffic rules.
Bhopal To Mount Abu By Bus
If you’re considering taking the bus to travel from Bhopal to Mount Abu. You have to take bus for Udaipur from Bhopal as there are no State run buses or private travel buses from Bhopal to Mount Abu or Abu Road which is the nearest station to Mount Abu. Several bus operators offer regular services between the two cities, each with their own fares and amenities. You can book tickets online through the bus operator’s website or at a local bus station. The journey typically takes around 15 to 16 hours, depending on the route and the type of bus you choose. It’s a good idea to compare the different options and book in advance to ensure a smooth and comfortable trip. From Udaipur you can take any other modes of transportation to reach Mount Abu.
RSRTC Buses from Bhopal To Udaipur
Currently, there is only 1 bus available from Bhopal to Udaipur.
|Departure Time from Bhopal
|Arrival Time to Udaipur
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 182731
|Express Non AC Seater 2+3
Private Travel Buses
|Departure Time from Bhopal
|Arrival Time to Udaipur
|NON AC Seater / Sleeper 2+1
|Hans Travels Pvt. Ltd.
|Bharat Benz A/C Sleeper (2+1)
Bhopal To Mount Abu By Train
Unfortunately, there are no trains that operate directly from Bhopal to Abu Road or Udaipur. However, there are several trains that operate from Bhopal to other cities in Rajasthan, such as Jaipur, Kota, and Ajmer, from which you can transfer to another train or take a bus or taxi to Abu Road and then reach Mount Abu.
It is recommended to check the availability of trains and book tickets in advance through the Indian Railways website or through a travel agent. Keep in mind that train travel can be a more economical option compared to flying, but it may take longer to reach your destination depending on your route.
Bhopal To Mount Abu By Flight
If you’re looking to fly from Bhopal to Mount Abu, you’ll need to book a flight to the Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur. This airport is located about 180 kilometers from Mount Abu and is the nearest airport to the hill station. There are several airlines that operate flights between Bhopal and Udaipur, including Air India and Indigo. You can book tickets in advance through the respective websites or at a local travel agency. The flight journey takes about 1 hour, depending on the route and the airline you choose.
Once you arrive in Udaipur, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Mount Abu. The journey takes about 4-5 hours by road, depending on the route and the traffic. Make sure to plan your travel in advance and book tickets or make arrangements accordingly. It’s also a good idea to carry water and snacks for the journey and to take breaks as needed.
Exploring the Attractions of Mount Abu
Mount Abu is a popular tourist destination in India and there are plenty of attractions to explore while you’re there.
There are several beautiful lakes, temples and shrines to visit, as well as the stunning Dilwara Jain Temples and Nakki Lake – both of which offer breathtaking views.
For wildlife lovers, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a wide variety of species including leopards, tigers, deer and reptiles. And for those who love walking, hiking or bird watching the region also has plenty of trails to explore. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something unique and exciting in Mount Abu.
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do.
Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temples: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options in Mount Abu
Mount Abu offers a wide range of accommodation and food options, so you’ll be able to find something to suit your budget and preferences. There are hotels ranging from 3-star to 5-star, as well as guesthouses and homestays if you’d prefer a more homely experience.
When it comes to food, there’s something for everyone! From traditional Rajasthani cuisine to international dishes, Mount Abu has plenty of restaurants and cafes offering delicious meals. Whether you’re looking for a light snack or a full feast, you’re sure to find something that caters for your taste buds in this beautiful region.
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Planning a trip from Bhopal to Mount Abu can be a daunting task, but there are ways to make the journey more enjoyable and stress-free. Here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- Book tickets in advance to get the best deals and ensure that you have a confirmed seat.
- Research accommodation and restaurants before you arrive, so you know where to stay and what to eat.
- Pack lightly, taking only the essentials and, if possible, sharing luggage with someone else to make your trip more convenient.
- Bring some travel-sized snacks in case you get hungry or tired during the journey.
- Plan for unexpected detours and delays by carrying a map or GPS device to ensure that you don’t get lost.
- Finally, remember to relax and enjoy yourself! Traveling is an opportunity to embrace new experiences and create lasting memories.