A brief overview of the trip from Bikaner to Mount Abu
Are you planning a trip from Bikaner to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Bikaner is a city located in the northwest region of Rajasthan, India. It is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, and is home to several popular tourist attractions such as the Junagarh Fort and the National Research Center on Camel. Bikaner is also known for its delicious cuisine and is a popular destination for food lovers.
Mount Abu is a hill station located in the Aravalli Range in Rajasthan, India. It is the only hill station in the state and is known for its cooler climate and scenic surroundings. Mount Abu is a popular tourist destination and is home to several historical and cultural landmarks, such as the Dilwara Temples and Nakki Lake. It is also a popular destination for outdoor activities such as hiking and sightseeing.
Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind or explore and discover, the journey from Bikaner to Mount Abu has something for everyone. So why wait? Start planning your trip today!
Historical events and cultural significance
Bikaner has a rich history and cultural significance. It was founded in the 15th century by Rao Bika, a Rajput prince, and has played an important role in the history of Rajasthan. The city has several historical landmarks and cultural attractions that showcase its rich heritage.
Bikaner is also known for its cultural festivals and traditions. The city is home to a number of temples and palaces that showcase the Rajput style of architecture and offer a glimpse into the culture and traditions of the region. Some of the popular cultural festivals in Bikaner include the Camel Festival, the Kite Festival, and the Gangaur Festival.
Overall, Bikaner is an important city in Rajasthan for its rich history and cultural significance. It attracts a large number of tourists each year due to its many historical landmarks and cultural attractions.
Driving From Bikaner to Mount Abu
The distance between Bikaner and Mount Abu is approximately 510 kilometers Via NH62, and the drive typically takes about 9-10 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
It is recommended to avoid driving at night from Abu road to Mount Abu, as the road can be winding and narrow in places, and visibility can be poor. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for wild animals, as they are sometimes known to roam on your Mount Abu road.
Overall, the drive from Bikaner to Mount Abu is a beautiful and scenic journey that offers a glimpse into the diverse landscapes and cultures of Rajasthan. It’s a great way to start or end your trip to the region.
Essential tips for planning your Trip
Planning a trip from Bikaner to Mount Abu is sure to be an adventure!
To make the most out of your journey here are some essential tips for planning your trip including research, packing, and route selection:
- Begin by researching the route and prepare for possible transportation options.
- Consider packing light clothing and snacks in order to make your travel more comfortable.
- When deciding on your route, account for scenic stops along the way as well as landmarks of interest.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with local cultures and laws so that you can truly experience all that this amazing region has to offer. With these tips in mind, you are sure to have an unforgettable journey!
Bikaner to Mount Abu Via Bus
If you are planning on traveling by bus from Bikaner to Mount Abu, it is likely that there are several bus services available. But all the buses are up to Abu Road which is the nearest station to Mount Abu. From Abu Road you can take other transportation options like Taxi or local bus for reaching Mount Abu. The exact schedules and fares for these services may vary, so it is best to contact the local bus station or a travel agent for up-to-date information.
Non AC Express Buses from Bikaner to Abu Road
|Bus Name||Departure Time from Bikaner||Arrival Time to Abu Road||Service||Time Duration||Ticket Fare||Pickup|
|RSRTC BUS 1||13:30||02:05||NON AC Seater / Sleeper 2+1||12h 35m||642/-||BIKANER|
Top Rated Private Travels Buses from Bikaner to Abu Road
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
A/C Seater / Sleeper (2+1)
|22:00||07:30||09h 30m||₹ 762||Tirtham Chouraha|
AC Sleeper (2+1)
|18:30||05:00||10h 30m||₹ 857||Near Dungar College|
AC Sleeper (2+1)
|17:00||02:35||09h 35m||₹ 857||Rani Bazar|
|Shrinath travel agency|
NON AC Seater / Sleeper 2+1
|14:15||00:25||10h 10m||₹ 700||Shrinath travel agency|
Check more Private Travel Buses : Redbus.in
The journey by bus from Bikaner to Mount Abu typically takes around 12-13 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
When traveling by bus, it is important to be prepared for the journey. Make sure to carry any necessary documents and be sure to arrive at the bus station in plenty of time before your scheduled departure. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks and water for the trip, as well as any necessary medications.
Bikaner to Mount Abu Via Train
To reach Mount Abu from Bikaner by train, you would need to take a train to Abu Road railway station and then take a taxi or other means of transportation to Mount Abu from there.
|Train Name||Train Number||Departure Time From Bikaner||Arrival Time To Abu Road||Running Days|
|HSR CBE AC EXP||22475||19:15||03:50||Wednesday|
|JAT ADI EXP||19224||00:25||09:30||All Week|
|RANAKPUR EXP||14707||07:50||18:15||All Week|
For more information Check the official Railway Website : IRCTC
Bikaner to Mount Abu Via Flight
To reach Mount Abu from Bikaner by flight, you will first need to book a flight from Bikaner to the nearest airport to Mount Abu, which is the Udaipur Airport. From there, you can either rent a car or take a taxi to reach Mount Abu, which is about 185 kilometers away. The drive from Udaipur to Mount Abu typically takes about 3-4 hours. Alternatively, you can also book a flight from Bikaner to Ahmedabad, which is about 228 kilometers away from Mount Abu. From Ahmedabad, you can take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Mount Abu. The drive from Ahmedabad to Mount Abu takes about 4-5 hours.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
When planning a trip from Bikaner to Mount Abu, it is important to be prepared and have all the necessary information. This includes the exact location of your destination and the contact details of your chosen mode of transportation. It is also advisable to check for any potential road closures or diversions before starting your journey. By planning ahead, you can ensure that your trip goes smoothly and that you have a pleasant and enjoyable experience.