Welcome to our blog about the journey from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu! In this blog, we will be exploring the beautiful and historic city of Chittorgarh, home to the famous Chittorgarh Fort, and the charming hill station of Mount Abu. We will share information about the places to visit, the things to do, and the experiences to be had in these two destinations along the way. We will also be offering tips and recommendations for travelers planning to make the journey from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu. So join us as we embark on this journey through the heart of Rajasthan, and discover the rich culture and natural beauty of these two wonderful places.
Chittorgarh is a city and a municipality in the Rajsamand district of the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is located on the banks of the Berach River, a tributary of the Banas River. Chittorgarh is home to the Chittorgarh Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest forts in India. The city has a rich history, having been ruled by several Rajput clans over the centuries.
Mount Abu is a hill station in the Aravalli Range in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is located in Sirohi district, near the border with Gujarat. Mount Abu is the highest peak in the range and is known for its cool climate and picturesque surroundings. It is a popular tourist destination, with attractions such as the Dilwara Temples, a Jain pilgrimage site, and the Nakki Lake. The town is also home to several hotels and resorts, making it a popular place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the region.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or a history buff, this journey has something for everyone.
Table of Contents
Distance between Chittorgarh and Mount Abu
The distance between Chittorgarh and Mount Abu is approximately 267 kilometers. The driving time is approximately 4 to 5 hours, depending on traffic and other factors. If you are planning to travel from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu, you have several options for transportation. You can hire a taxi or take a bus from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu. Another option is to rent a car and drive yourself. Whatever mode of transportation you choose, it is a good idea to plan your route in advance and allow plenty of time for the journey.
Transportation options From Chittorgarh to Mount Abu
There are several transportation options available for traveling from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu. Some of the most popular options include:
- Car: You can hire a car or drive your own vehicle to make the journey from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu. This is a convenient option if you want to travel at your own pace and make stops along the way.
- Bus: There are regular bus services from Chittorgarh to Abu Road which is the nearest station to Mount Abu. The journey takes around 6-7 hours and tickets can be purchased at the bus station or through an online booking service.
Buses from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu
|Arrival Time to Abu Road
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 176454
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 177546
Check out more buses on : MakeMyTrip
- Shared taxi: You can also travel by shared taxi, which is a more expensive option but offers a more comfortable and convenient journey. Shared taxis are available from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu and can be booked through travel agencies or at the taxi stand in Chittorgarh.
It is not possible to travel between Chittorgarh and Mount Abu by train, as there is no railway line connecting these two places.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip. If you do not have your own car so we suggest you to book a taxi service for mount abu for hassle free experience.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay, and we recommend comparing prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
We recommend booking your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to secure the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
People know Mount Abu for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which gets its flavors from Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Here are some popular dishes you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
To make the most of your trip from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu, it’s crucial to plan ahead and stay informed about the details of your journey. This includes having the precise location of your destination and the contact information for your mode of transportation at hand. Additionally, it’s a good idea to check for any road closures or detours that might impact your travels. You can ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip from Chittorgarh to Mount Abu by taking these steps and being well-prepared.