Whether you’re interested in the bustling city life of Gandhinagar or the peaceful natural surroundings of Mount Abu, these destinations offer something for every traveler. In this blog, we will explore everything about Gandhinagar to Mount Abu, including their history, culture, and must-see landmarks. We will also provide information on accommodation and transportation options for those planning a visit to Mount Abu from Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar and Mount Abu are two destinations that offer a unique blend of culture, history, and natural beauty. Gandhinagar is the capital city of the Indian state of Gujarat, known for its modern architecture, vibrant festivals, and rich cultural heritage. Located in the western part of the country, Gandhinagar is a hub of economic and political activity, making it an interesting destination for travelers interested in contemporary India.
On the other hand, Mount Abu is a hill station located in the western state of Rajasthan. Nestled in the Aravalli Mountains, Mount Abu is known for its cool climate and stunning natural beauty. It is a popular summer retreat for both Indian and international tourists, offering a range of activities and attractions such as trekking, boating, and exploring the beautiful Dilwara Temples.
Transportation option from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
If you’re planning a trip from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu, one of the best ways to travel is by road. The journey takes approximately 5 to 6 hours, giving you the opportunity to take in the beautiful scenery along the way. There are several transportation options available, including private hire cars, rental cars with a driver, public buses, trains and shared taxis. To ensure a smooth and comfortable journey, it’s a good idea to book your tickets in advance. Whether you choose a private or public transportation option, you’ll be able to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Indian countryside as you make your way from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu.
Flights from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Unfortunately, there is no Airport in Gandhinagar so you can’t take flights from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu, but there are several flights available with layovers at airports such as Ahmedabad, Mumbai, and Udaipur. The total flight time can take between 5 to 6 hours, depending on the airline. Many Indian carriers offer special discounts and promotions on tickets booked through their websites or mobile apps, so it is advisable to book tickets in advance to get the best prices. Keep in mind that it is important to plan your trip carefully and book tickets well ahead of time to ensure the most convenient and affordable travel experience.
Trains from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Taking the train is another option if you’re looking to travel from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu. To reach Mount Abu from Gandhinagar by train, you would need to take a train to Abu Road railway station and then take a taxi or other means of transportation from Abu Road to Mount Abu. The Gandhinagar railway station is well connected to Abu Road by trains that operate daily. The route is considered one of the most convenient and cost-effective ways to get there, as railway tickets can be quite budget-friendly.
GANDHINAGAR TO ABU ROAD TRAIN SCHEDULE
|TRAIN NAME||TRAIN NO.||TRAIN RUN DAY||DEPARTURE FROM |
GANDHINAGAR(JPR – GADJ)
|ARRIVAL TO ABU ROAD(ABR)||JOURNEY DURATION|
|ASHRAM EXPRESS||12916||ALL WEEK||19:59||02:20||6 Hr 21 Min|
|BE BHUJ EXPRESS||14321||Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday||17:35||00:45||7 Hr 10 Min|
|DLPC SBIB EXP||19412||ALL WEEK||04:01||11:20||7 Hr 19 Min|
|YOGA EXPRESS||19032||ALL WEEK||03:02||10:35||7 Hr 33 Min|
|DEE RJT EXPRESS||20914||Friday||17:59||01:45||7 Hr 46 Min|
Check out Train Services From Gandhinagar To Abu Road: irctc
Buses from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Taking the bus is the most cost-effective way to travel from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu. Buses leave frequently throughout the day and the journey typically takes around 7-8 hours or so, depending on traffic and any stops along the way.
You’ll need to book your tickets in advance through a third-party website or directly with one of the major bus companies operating on this route. Be sure to read up on reviews, check prices and compare services before making your booking – that way you can make sure you get the best deal for your budget.
GSRTC Buses from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Currently, there is only 1 bus available from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu.
Non AC Buses from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
|Bus Name||Departure Time from Gandhinagar||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Service||Time Duration||Ticket Fare||Pickup|
|GSRTC – 693||07:40||14:20||Gurjanagri(Non AC Seater 3+2)||06hrs 40mins||178/-||Gandhinagar|
Check out Bus Services From Gandhinagar To Mount Abu: MakeMyTrip.com
Taxis and Rideshare Options from Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Another option for traveling from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu is to hire a taxi or use a rideshare service such as Ola or Uber. Taxis tend to be more expensive than buses or trains, but they offer the convenience of a driver who is familiar with the route, and the journey is generally quicker, taking around 6 to 7 hours. Rideshare services like Ola and Uber allow you to book trips in advance with fixed fares, which can be helpful if you want to know the cost of your trip ahead of time. However, it’s important to note that prices may be higher during busy periods or due to traffic delays, so it’s always a good idea to double-check before booking.
Driving From Gandhinagar To Mount Abu
Exploring the Attractions of Mount Abu
Mount Abu is a popular tourist destination in India and there are plenty of attractions to explore while you’re there. There are several beautiful lakes, temples and shrines to visit, as well as the stunning Dilwara Jain Temples and Nakki Lake – both of which offer breathtaking views.
For wildlife lovers, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a wide variety of species including leopards, tigers, deer and reptiles. And for those who love walking, hiking or bird watching the region also has plenty of trails to explore. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something unique and exciting in Mount Abu.
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do.
Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temples: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options in Mount Abu
Mount Abu offers a wide range of accommodation and food options, so you’ll be able to find something to suit your budget and preferences. There are hotels ranging from 3-star to 5-star, as well as guesthouses and homestays if you’d prefer a more homely experience.
When it comes to food, there’s something for everyone! From traditional Rajasthani cuisine to international dishes, Mount Abu has plenty of restaurants and cafes offering delicious meals. Whether you’re looking for a light snack or a full feast, you’re sure to find something that caters for your taste buds in this beautiful region.
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Planning a trip from Gandhinagar to Mount Abu can be a daunting task, but there are ways to make the journey more enjoyable and stress-free. Here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- Book tickets in advance to get the best deals and ensure that you have a confirmed seat.
- Research accommodation and restaurants before you arrive, so you know where to stay and what to eat.
- Pack lightly, taking only the essentials and, if possible, sharing luggage with someone else to make your trip more convenient.
- Bring some travel-sized snacks in case you get hungry or tired during the journey.
- Plan for unexpected detours and delays by carrying a map or GPS device to ensure that you don’t get lost.
- Finally, remember to relax and enjoy yourself! Traveling is an opportunity to embrace new experiences and create lasting memories.