If you’re looking for a unique holiday experience and want to escape the everyday hustle, then hop on board and take a trip from Indore to Mount Abu! Picture yourself sitting in an air-conditioned car, enjoying the winding roads and fascinating views that only Mother Nature could give. From stunning mountainscapes to deep canyons, we guarantee that your experience will stay with you long after you have completed this journey.
So what are you waiting for, Grab your camera and your walking shoes—you’re about to go on an adventure like no other!
Table of Contents
How To Reach From Indore To Mount Abu
Here are some ways to travel from Indore to Mount Abu:
Driving From Indore To Mount Abu
Driving from Indore to Mount Abu is a convenient and enjoyable way to reach the hill station, especially if you’re planning to explore the surrounding area at your own pace. Indore to Mount Abu distance is approximately 547 km and the journey takes about 9-10 hours by road, depending on the route and the traffic. You can take the MP SH17 after NH27, which passes through the cities of Ujjain, Dhar, and Ratlam, or the other route via NH47, which passes through Gujarat. Both routes offer beautiful views and the opportunity to make stops at interesting places along the way.
Here are some tips for a successful road trip from Indore to Mount Abu:
- Plan your route in advance and bring a valid driver’s license and necessary documents.
- Take breaks and plan for pit stops along the way.
- Be prepared for varying road conditions.
- Drive safely and follow traffic rules.
Indore To Mount Abu By Bus
If you’re planning to travel from Indore to Mount Abu by bus, there are several options available. Several bus operators offer regular services between the two cities, with varying fares and amenities. You can book tickets online through the respective websites or at a local bus station. The journey takes about 12-14 hours, depending on the route and the type of bus.
Here are some tips for a trip from Indore to Mount abu by Bus:
- It’s a good idea to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak season, as buses can get fully booked.
- During the journey, it’s important to stay hydrated and carry water and snacks.
- You may also want to bring a light jacket or sweater, as the weather in Mount Abu can get quite cool.
Indore To Mount Abu By Train
If you’re planning to travel from Indore to Mount Abu by train, there are several options available. Several trains operate between the two cities, You can book tickets in advance through the Indian Railways website or at a local railway station. The journey takes about 12-14 hours, depending on the route and the train you take.
It’s a good idea to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak season, as trains can get fully booked. Make sure to carry a printout of your ticket or have it saved on your phone, as you’ll need to show it to the ticket collector when boarding the train. The trains usually have comfortable seating arrangements, and some may also have onboard amenities such as a pantry car or charging ports.
Indore To Mount Abu By Flight
If you’re looking to fly from Indore to Mount Abu, you’ll need to book a flight to the Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur. This airport is located about 180 kilometers from Mount Abu and is the nearest airport to the hill station. There are several airlines that operate flights between Indore and Udaipur, including Air India and Indigo. You can book tickets in advance through the respective websites or at a local travel agency. The flight journey takes about 1 hour, depending on the route and the airline you choose.
Once you arrive in Udaipur, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Mount Abu. The journey takes about 4-5 hours by road, depending on the route and the traffic. Make sure to plan your travel in advance and book tickets or make arrangements accordingly. It’s also a good idea to carry water and snacks for the journey and to take breaks as needed.
What To See And Things To Do In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its picturesque setting, pleasant weather, and numerous temples and other places of interest. Here are some suggestions for things to see and do while visiting Mount Abu:
- Visit the Dilwara Temples: These beautiful Jain temples are known for their intricate marble carvings and are considered some of the finest examples of Jain architecture in India.
- Explore the Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University and Museum: This spiritual institution and museum offers a unique blend of modernity and tradition and is a popular place to visit for those interested in spirituality and yoga.
- Hike to the Guru Shikhar peak: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area. It is a popular spot for trekking and picnics.
- Visit the Achalgarh Fort: This fort, built in the 14th century, is located on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. It is a popular spot for photography and sightseeing.
- Explore the Wildlife Sanctuary: The Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including leopards, sloth bears, and a wide variety of bird species. It is a popular spot for nature enthusiasts and birdwatchers.
- Visit the Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple: This temple, dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva, is known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful setting. It is a popular spot for spiritual contemplation and prayer.
- Visit the Toad Rock: This rock formation, located on a hill overlooking the town, is a popular spot for photography and sightseeing.
- Take a boat ride on the Nakki Lake: Boating on the Nakki Lake is a popular activity, and visitors can rent boats to explore the lake and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Visit the Shri Raghunathji Temple: This temple, located in the center of the town, is dedicated to the Hindu god Raghunathji and is known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful setting. It is a popular spot for spiritual contemplation and prayer.
Read Also: Mount Abu Travel Guide
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
There are several options for accommodation in Mount Abu, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts. Here are a few options you can consider:
- Hotels: When it comes to accommodation in Mount Abu, there are a variety of hotels to choose from. These hotels offer a range of room categories and amenities, allowing you to select a hotel that suits your budget and preferences. You can choose a hotel that offers a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants, or opt for a more budget-friendly option with basic facilities.
- Resorts: Mount Abu has several luxurious resorts with amenities like swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants for a relaxing stay.
- Homestays: For a more authentic and local experience, consider staying in a homestay in Mount Abu. These accommodations offer a unique and personal experience, as well as an opportunity to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Guesthouse & Dharamshala: Budget travelers in Mount Abu can consider staying in guesthouses or Dharamshalas, which offer basic facilities at affordable rates.
- Campsites: If you want an adventure-filled stay in Mount Abu, consider camping at one of the many campsites in the area that provide amenities like tents, sleeping bags, and other gear.
To ensure the best rates and availability, it is advisable to book your accommodation in Mount Abu well in advance, especially during peak season. In addition, consider factors like location, amenities, and reviews when selecting a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Rajasthani cuisine, characterized by the use of spices and ghee (clarified butter), is known for its deliciousness in Mount Abu. Some must-try dishes include Dal Bati Churma, Laal Maas, Gatte Ki Sabzi, Kachori, Bajre Ki Roti, Ker Sangri, Ghevar, and Rabdi. Local drinks like buttermilk and chaas are also worth trying.
Also Read: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Traveling has always been a great way to reduce stress and explore new places. If you’re ever in India, don’t miss the opportunity to visit Mount Abu. It’s a beautiful place with a lot of history and culture. And, who knows, maybe you’ll even find yourself on top of the world.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments below. And if you liked this post, please share it with your friends!