Are you planning a trip from Jodhpur to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Jodhpur and Mount Abu are two popular destinations in the western Indian state of Rajasthan. Jodhpur, also known as the “Blue City,” is famous for its stunning blue-painted houses and historic landmarks such as the Mehrangarh Fort and the Jaswant Thada. Mount Abu, located in the Aravalli Range, is the only hill station in Rajasthan and is known for its cool climate and beautiful natural surroundings.
Jodhpur to Mount Abu distance is approximately 250 kilometers, and the journey takes around 6-7 hours by road. There are several options for traveling between these two cities, including by air, train, bus, or car. The best route to take from Jodhpur to Mount Abu is via NH62, which passes through the cities of Pali and Sirohi. If you choose to travel by bus or car, you can enjoy the scenic views along the way and make stops at interesting places along the route.
During the journey, travelers can stop at various points of interest such as the Ranakpur Jain Temple, the Kumbhalgarh Fort, and the Jain Temple at Shri Shantinath. Upon arriving in Mount Abu, visitors can explore the city’s many attractions, including the Dilwara Temples, the Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, and the Nakki Lake. Accommodation options in Mount Abu range from budget hotels to luxury resorts, and the city offers a variety of dining options as well.
Table of Contents
Essential Tips for Planning Your Trip
Here are a few essential tips to help you plan your trip from Jodhpur to Mount Abu:
- Choose the right mode of transportation: Depending on your budget, time constraints, and personal preferences, you can choose to travel by air, train, bus, or car. Consider factors such as cost, convenience, and comfort when deciding on the best option for you.
- Plan your route and itinerary: Map out your route and plan your stops along the way. Consider visiting landmarks and points of interest, such as the Ranakpur Jain Temple and the Kumbhalgarh Fort. Also, plan your activities in Mount Abu in advance to make the most of your time.
- Book your accommodations: Research and book your accommodations in advance to ensure availability and get the best rates. There are various accommodation options available in Mount Abu, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts.
- Pack wisely: Pack light and bring only the essentials for your trip. Keep in mind the weather and pack accordingly.
- Respect local customs and traditions: When traveling to a new place, it is important to respect the local customs and traditions. Be mindful of your behavior and dress code, and try to learn some basic phrases in the local language to show respect to the locals.
- Stay safe: Take necessary precautions to ensure your safety during your trip. Keep an eye on your belongings, be aware of your surroundings, and follow local safety guidelines.
Primary Attractions of Mount Abu
Along your journey to Mount Abu, you’ll find plenty of attractions to keep your trip exciting! From breathtaking natural sites like the Dilwara Temple and Nakki Lake to man-made marvels like the Adhar Devi Temple and Gaumukh Temple, there is something for everyone. Additionally, take a visit to the Achalgarh Fort or explore the picturesque sunset point for even more stunning views. With all these attractions, you’ll never be short of an unforgettable experience!
Driving From Jodhpur to Mount Abu
The distance between Jodhpur and Mount Abu is approximately 261 kilometers Via NH62, and the drive typically takes about 4-5 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
It is recommended to avoid driving at night from Abu road to Mount Abu, as the road can be winding and narrow in places, and visibility can be poor. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for wild animals, as they are sometimes known to roam on the Mount Abu road.
Overall, the drive from Jodhpur to Mount Abu is a beautiful and scenic journey that offers a glimpse into the diverse landscapes and cultures of Rajasthan.
Jodhpur to Mount Abu Via Bus
If you are planning on traveling form Jodhpur to Mount Abu by bus, it is likely that there are several bus services available. The exact schedules and fares for these services may vary, so it is best to contact the local bus station or a travel agent for up-to-date information.
RSRTC Buses from Jodhpur to Mount Abu
|Arrival Time to Mount Abu
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 171508
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 163391
The journey by bus from Jodhpur to Mount Abu typically takes around 7-8 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
When traveling by bus, it is important to be prepared for the journey. Make sure to carry any necessary documents and be sure to arrive at the bus station in plenty of time before your scheduled departure. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks and water for the trip, as well as any necessary medications.
Overall, traveling by bus from Jodhpur to Mount Abu is a convenient and affordable way to explore the region. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a comfortable and enjoyable journey.
Jodhpur to Mount Abu Via Train
To travel from Jodhpur to Mount Abu by train, you will need to take a train to Abu Road railway station first. From Abu Road, you can then take a taxi or other means of transportation to reach Mount Abu. Keep in mind that there are no direct trains from Jodhpur to Mount Abu, so you will need to plan your journey accordingly and book tickets in advance.
|Departure Time From Jodhpur
|Arrival Time To Abu Road
|HSR BDTS SF EXP
|HSR CBE AC EXP
|JU SBC EXP
|JAT ADI EXP
|JU BL EXP
Jodhpur to Mount Abu Via Flight
To reach Mount Abu from Jodhpur by flight, you will first need to book a flight from Jodhpur to the nearest airport to Mount Abu, which is the Udaipur Airport. From there, you can either rent a car or take a taxi to reach Mount Abu, which is about 185 kilometers away. The drive from Udaipur to Mount Abu typically takes about 3-4 hours. Alternatively, you can also book a flight from Jodhpur to Ahmedabad, which is about 228 kilometers away from Mount Abu. From Ahmedabad, you can take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Mount Abu. The drive from Ahmedabad to Mount Abu takes about 4-5 hours.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
When planning a trip from Jodhpur to Mount Abu, it is important to be prepared and have all the necessary information. This includes the exact location of your destination and the contact details of your chosen mode of transportation. It is also advisable to check for any potential road closures or diversions before starting your journey. By planning ahead, you can ensure that your trip goes smoothly and that you have a pleasant and enjoyable experience.