Are you planning a trip from Lucknow to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Welcome to our blog about the amazing journey from Lucknow to Mount Abu! Located in the heart of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow is a vibrant city known for its rich history and cultural heritage. On the other hand, Mount Abu is a popular hill station located in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan, known for its stunning natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere.
The trip from Lucknow to Mount Abu takes you through a fascinating blend of urban and rural landscapes, offering a chance to experience the diverse culture of India. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to visit various landmarks and attractions, such as the Bara Imambara and the Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
Whether you are a history enthusiast or a nature lover, this journey has something for everyone. So sit back, relax, and join us as we take you on a virtual tour of the beautiful journey from Lucknow to Mount Abu.
Table of Contents
Importance of These Places
Both Lucknow and Mount Abu are important places for different reasons. Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, is a major cultural and economic center in north India. It is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, with several landmarks and attractions that reflect the city’s past and present. Some of the notable places to visit in Lucknow include the Bara Imam bara, the Rumi Darwaja, and the Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
Mount Abu, on the other hand, is a popular hill station located in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, with several lakes, gardens, and temples that attract tourists from all over the country. Some of the popular places to visit in Mount Abu include the Dilwara Temples, the Nakki Lake, and the Guru Shikhar peak.
Both Lucknow and Mount Abu are important places to visit for their unique cultural and natural attractions. They offer a chance to experience the rich diversity of India and explore the history, culture, and natural beauty of these regions.
Traveling from Lucknow to Mount Abu
Distance and approximate travel time
The distance between Lucknow and Mount Abu is approximately 1,083 kilometers. The exact distance may vary slightly depending on the route taken. The journey by road takes about 17-18 hours to cover, depending on the traffic and road conditions. You can travel between the two places by car or by taking a bus from the Lucknow bus station. The trip offers a chance to experience the diverse landscape of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, passing through picturesque towns and villages along the way.
If you are using public transportation, the distance and travel time may be different. You can use a public transportation website or app to get the most up-to-date information about the distance and travel time for a specific route.
Please note that the actual distance and travel time may vary depending on various factors, such as traffic, road conditions, and the mode of transportation used. It is always a good idea to allow for extra time when planning a trip, especially if you are driving.
Transportation Options from Lucknow to Mount Abu
Lucknow to Mount Abu Via Bus
There is 1 bus available from Lucknow to Mount Abu. The journey by bus takes around 20-21 hours and tickets can be purchased online.
Private Travels Bus from Lucknow to Mount Abu
|Arrival Time to Mount Abu
|Kalpana Travels Pvt. Ltd.
|Rajkalpana travels (Lucknow)
Check more bus services options : MakeMyTrip
The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
When traveling by bus, it is important to be prepared for the journey. Make sure to carry any necessary documents and be sure to arrive at the bus station in plenty of time before your scheduled departure. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks and water for the trip, as well as any necessary medication
Lucknow to Mount Abu Via Train
Unfortunately there are no direct trains from Lucknow to Mount Abu or to Abu Road.
Regardless of the mode of transportation you choose, it is recommended to plan your journey in advance and make necessary bookings to avoid any inconvenience.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
If you’re planning a trip to Mount Abu, you’ll be happy to know that there is no shortage of great accommodation options available, ranging from cozy homestays to luxurious hotels. Once you’ve settled into your chosen place, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – you won’t be disappointed! The region boasts a diverse range of flavors, from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties. Additionally, the city is home to many regional cafes and restaurants that serve a variety of dishes, including street food snacks and traditional desserts. With all these delicious options, you’ll have a memorable time exploring the culinary culture of Mount Abu.
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Proper planning and organization is key when it comes to making the most of your trip from Lucknow to Mount Abu. To ensure a seamless journey, it’s essential to know the exact location of your destination and have the contact information for your transportation ready. It’s also a good idea to check for any road closures or detours that might impact your travel. By doing your due diligence and preparing ahead of time, you can ensure that your trip from Lucknow to Mount Abu is both smooth and enjoyable.