Welcome to our blog about the beautiful journey from Nathdwara to Mount Abu! Nestled in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan, Mount Abu is a popular hill station known for its stunning natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere. On the other hand, Nathdwara is a small town located in the Mewar region, famous for its temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.
The trip from Nathdwara to Mount Abu takes you through breathtaking landscapes and cultural hubs, offering a chance to experience the rich history and diversity of Rajasthan. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to visit various landmarks and attractions, such as the Dilwara Temples and the Nakki Lake.
Whether you are a nature enthusiast or a history buff, this journey has something for everyone. So sit back, relax, and join us as we take you on a virtual tour of the beautiful journey from Nathdwara to Mount Abu.
Distance between Nathdwara and Mount Abu
The distance between Nathdwara and Mount Abu is approximately 191 kilometers. The exact distance may vary slightly depending on the route taken. The journey by road takes about 3-4 hours to cover, depending on the traffic and road conditions. You can travel between the two places by car or by taking a bus from the Nathdwara bus station. The trip offers a chance to experience the diverse landscape of Rajasthan, passing through picturesque towns and villages along the way.
Transportation options From Nathdwara to Mount Abu
There are several transportation options available for traveling from Nathdwara to Mount Abu. Some of the most popular options include:
- Car: You can hire a car or drive your own vehicle to make the journey from Nathdwara to Mount Abu. This is a convenient option if you want to travel at your own pace and make stops along the way.
- Bus: Unfortunately there are no direct bus services available from Nathdwara to Mount Abu. But, there are regular bus services available from Rajsamand to Abu Road which is the nearest station to Mount Abu. Rajsamand is located about 50 kilometers from Nathdwara and is well-connected to Abu Road by road. You can take a bus from the Rajsamand bus station to reach Mount Abu. There are several bus operators that offer services between the two places, and you can choose from a variety of bus types such as AC, non-AC, sleeper, and semi-sleeper. The journey takes about 6-7 hours to cover, depending on the traffic and road conditions. It is recommended to book your tickets in advance to avoid last-minute rush. You can also hire a taxi or drive your own vehicle for a more convenient and personalized travel experience.
Private Travels Buses from Nathdwara to Mount Abu
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 180153||08:30||15:45||07hrs 15mins||₹271||RAJSAMAND|
|Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation – 185825||08:30||15:45||07hrs 15mins||₹271||RAJSAMAND|
|Jakhar Travels||19:15||23:59||04hrs 44mins||₹571||RAJSAMAND|
Check out more buses on : MakeMyTrip
- Shared taxi: You can also travel by shared taxi, which is a more expensive option but offers a more comfortable and convenient journey. Shared taxis are available from Nathdwara to Mount Abu and can be booked through travel agencies or at the taxi stand in Nathdwara.
It is not possible to travel between Nathdwara and Mount Abu by train, as there is no railway line connecting these two places.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Ensuring a smooth trip from Nathdwara to Mount Abu requires proper planning and attention to detail. Before you set out on your journey, it’s important to know the exact location of your destination and have the contact information for your transportation ready. It’s also advisable to check for any road closures or diversions that could affect your travel plans. By taking the time to do your research and prepare, you can guarantee a stress-free and enjoyable journey from Nathdwara to Mount Abu.