Are you planning a journey to the breathtaking Mount Abu, nestled in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan? If you’re coming from Pune, a city in Maharashtra, you may be wondering how to get there. There are a few ways to travel from Pune to Mount Abu, including flying, taking the train, riding the bus, or driving your own vehicle. In this article, we’ll explore the different transportation options and provide some helpful tips and things to consider as you plan your trip to this picturesque hill station.
Planning your trip from Pune to Mount Abu doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In this guide, we’ll cover the various transportation options, from flying to driving, as well as provide recommendations for accommodation in Mount Abu. We’ll also highlight some of the top things to do and see while you’re there. Whether you’re an experienced traveler or visiting Mount Abu for the first time, this guide will help you make the most of your journey. So, let’s get started and start planning your trip to this beautiful hill station!
How To Reach From Pune To Mount Abu
There are several ways to travel from Pune to Mount Abu, including by train, bus, car, or flight. The journey typically takes around 19-20 hours, no matter which mode of transportation you choose. It’s a good idea to plan ahead, book tickets or hire a car, and bring necessary documents and essentials such as water, snacks, and a first-aid kit. To avoid fatigue, it’s also advisable to take breaks and rest at regular intervals during the trip.
Driving From Pune To Mount Abu
Traveling by car from Pune to Mount Abu is a viable option and can be a convenient and enjoyable way to make the journey. The distance between the two places is approximately 926 kilometers and the trip takes around 19-20 hours by car.
Before embarking on your journey, make sure that your vehicle is in good working order and has enough fuel. It’s a good idea to bring spare tires, a toolkit, and a first-aid kit in case of any unforeseen issues.
To prevent fatigue, it’s recommended to take breaks and rest at regular intervals along the way. Planning your journey ahead of time and booking accommodation or campsites in Mount Abu can also be helpful.
While driving, be sure to adhere to traffic rules and regulations and stay alert at all times. Additionally, it’s advisable to have cash or cards on hand for the trip and to keep your documents, such as your driver’s license and vehicle registration, with you at all times.
Pune To Mount Abu By Bus
One convenient and budget-friendly way to travel from Pune to Mount Abu is by bus. Private buses operate between the two cities, and the journey takes around 19-20 hours.
You can book your bus tickets online or at the bus station. It’s a good idea to book in advance to secure a confirmed seat. There are several types of buses available, including regular and luxury coaches, so you can choose the option that best fits your budget and preferences.
Upon arriving in Mount Abu, you can disembark at the Mount Abu Bus Station and then take a taxi or local transportation to your accommodation.
Private Travels Buses from Pune to Mount Abu
|Operator Name||Departure Time from Pune||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
NON AC Seater / Sleeper 2+1
|11:45||06:25||18hrs 40mins||₹1280||–Katraj, katraj chowk|
NOTE: PRICES MAY VARY
Check out more Bus Services From Pune To Mount Abu: makemytrip.com
Pune To Mount Abu By Train
One convenient and comfortable way to travel from Pune to Mount Abu is by train. To reach Mount Abu from Pune by train, you would need to take a train to Abu Road railway station and then take a abu road to mount abu taxi or other mode of transportation from Abu Road to Mount Abu. Trains operate daily from Pune railway station to Abu Road, and the journey takes around 11-12 hours. You can book tickets online or at the railway station, and choose from various classes such as sleeper, second, or first class based on your budget and preferences.
To ensure a comfortable journey, it is recommended to carry necessary documents, cash or cards, snacks, and water, and to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. During the trip, make sure to follow train rules and regulations and to take breaks to avoid fatigue.
PUNE TO ABU-ROAD TRAIN SCHEDULE
|TRAIN NAME||TRAIN NO.||TRAIN RUN DAY||DEPARTURE FROM |
|ARRIVAL TO ABU-ROAD(ABR)||JOURNEY DURATION|
|SGNR HUMSAFAR||22498||Saturday||08:30||21:55||13 Hr 25 Min|
|09:35||00:05||14 Hr 30 Min|
|GARIB NAWAZ EXP||16532||Saturday||18:50||09:40||14 Hr 50 Min|
Check out more Train Services From Pune To Abu Road: irctc.co.in
Pune To Mount Abu By Flight
There are no direct flights from Pune to Mount Abu, but you can fly from Pune to Ahmedabad or Udaipur and then take a bus or hire a car to reach Mount Abu.
To fly from Pune to Ahmedabad or Udaipur, you can book tickets online or at the airport. Several airlines operate flights between Pune and Ahmedabad or Udaipur, and you can choose the option that best fits your budget and schedule. The flight from Pune to Ahmedabad or Udaipur takes about 1-2 hours.
Upon arriving in Ahmedabad or Udaipur, you can take a bus or hire a car to reach Mount Abu. The journey from Ahmedabad or Udaipur to Mount Abu takes around 6-8 hours by bus or car. There are several bus operators and car rental agencies that offer services on this route, and you can book tickets or hire a car online or at the bus station or car rental agency.
It’s a good idea to plan your trip in advance and book your tickets or hire a car accordingly.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be glad to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting sights and activities to enjoy. Here are some recommendations for things to do in Mount Abu:
- Visit the Dilwara Temples: These ancient Jain temples are renowned for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape. You can enjoy a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to soak up the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It’s the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can visit a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu, including the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Tips For Travelers
Here are some tips for travelers making the journey from Pune to Mount Abu:
- Plan your trip in advance: Make sure to book your tickets and accommodations well in advance to avoid any last-minute issues.
- Carry essentials: Pack light and bring along essential items such as a valid ID and medications.
- Stay hydrated: Keep yourself hydrated by carrying a water bottle and drinking plenty of fluids.
- Follow the rules: Follow all traffic rules and regulations to ensure a safe and smooth journey.
- Keep an eye on your belongings: Be mindful of your belongings at all times, especially in crowded places.
- Know your destination: Familiarize yourself with the layout of your destination, including the location of important landmarks and amenities.
- Stay informed: Keep an eye on local news and weather updates to stay informed about any potential disruptions to your travel plans.
- Stay safe: Follow basic safety measures, such as avoiding walking alone at night and keeping your valuables secure.
By following these tips, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip from Pune to Mount Abu.
As you plan your trip from Pune to Mount Abu, you have a range of transportation options to consider. We hope the information provided has been useful and we wish you a wonderful journey. If you have any further questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and ask. We’re here to help and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Safe travels!