Are you planning a trip from Pushkar to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Welcome to our blog about the journey from Pushkar to Mount Abu! Pushkar is a holy city located in the Ajmer district of Rajasthan, known for its many temples and the annual Pushkar Camel Fair. Mount Abu, on the other hand, is a hill station in the Aravalli Range, known for its cool climate and picturesque surroundings. In this blog, we will be exploring these two destinations and all that they have to offer.
We will be sharing information about the places to visit, the things to do, and the experiences to be had in Pushkar and Mount Abu. So join us as we take you on a journey through the heart of Rajasthan and discover the rich culture and natural beauty of these two wonderful places.
Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind or explore and discover, the journey from Pushkar to Mount Abu has something for everyone. So why wait? Start planning your trip today!
Essential Tips For Planning Your Trip
Planning a trip from Pushkar to Mount Abu is sure to be an adventure!
To make the most out of your journey here are some essential tips for planning your trip including research, packing, and route selection:
- Begin by researching the route and prepare for possible transportation options.
- Consider packing light clothing and snacks in order to make your travel more comfortable.
- When deciding on your route, account for scenic stops along the way as well as landmarks of interest.
- Finally, familiarize yourself with local cultures and laws so that you can truly experience all that this amazing region has to offer. With these tips in mind, you are sure to have an unforgettable journey!
Driving From Pushkar to Mount Abu
The distance between Pushkar and Mount Abu is approximately 381 kilometers Via NH62, and the drive typically takes about 7-8 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
It is recommended to avoid driving at night from Abu road to Mount Abu, as the road can be winding and narrow in places, and visibility can be poor. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for wild animals, as they are sometimes known to roam on your Mount Abu road.
The drive from Pushkar to Mount Abu is an enriching experience that takes you through a variety of landscapes and cultures in Rajasthan. It’s a wonderful way to begin or conclude your trip to the region.
Pushkar to Mount Abu Via Bus
If you are planning to travel by bus from Pushkar to Mount Abu, you should note that there are no direct buses available. However, there are likely several bus services available from Ajmer, which is 15 kilometers from Pushkar. To get the most accurate and current information about schedules and fares, it is best to contact the local bus station or a travel agent.
Top Rated Private Travels Buses from Ajmer to Mount Abu
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup||Rating|
Benz A/C Sleeper (2+1)
|00:20||08:10||07hrs 50mins||₹ 1000||Near Parbatpura Bypass||4.6|
Benz A/C Sleeper (2+1)
|01:50||08:00||06hrs 10mins||₹ 1000||Near Parbatpura Bypass||3.8|
|Shree Mahaveer Travels|
A/C Seater / Sleeper (2+1)
|23:30||07:50||08hrs 20mins||₹ 650||Bypass(parbatpura)||3.2|
|Kalpana Travels Pvt. Ltd.|
AC Sleeper (2+1)
|23:29||07:59||08hrs 30mins||₹ 800||Kalpana travels pvt. Ltd. On parvatpura briz (ajmer)||2.0|
The journey by bus from Pushkar to Mount Abu typically takes around 7-9 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
When traveling by bus, it is important to be prepared for the journey. Make sure to carry any necessary documents and be sure to arrive at the bus station in plenty of time before your scheduled departure. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks and water for the trip, as well as any necessary medications.
Overall, traveling by bus from Pushkar to Mount Abu is a convenient and affordable way to explore the region. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a comfortable and enjoyable journey.
Pushkar to Mount Abu Via Train
To reach Mount Abu from Pushkar by train, you would need to take a train to Abu Road railway station and then take a taxi or other means of transportation to Mount Abu from there.
|Train Name||Train Number||Departure Time From Pushkar||Arrival Time To Abu Road||Journey Duration||Running Days|
|ARAVALI EXPRESS||14701||12:00 PM||4:55 PM||4 hrs 55 mins||All Week|
|MFP-SBIB JANSADHARAN EXP||15269||11:35 PM||3:50 AM||4 hrs 15 mins||Friday|
|AGC SBIB SF EXP||12547||4:10 AM||8:20 AM||4 hrs 10 mins||Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday|
|BE BHUJ EXPRESS||14321||8:30 PM||12:45 AM||4 hrs 15 mins||Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday|
|YOGA EXPRESS||19032||5:50 AM||10:35 AM||4 hrs 45 mins||All Week|
|AII MYS EXP||16209||6:15 AM||10:15 AM||4 hrs 0 mins||Sunday, Friday|
|DLPC SBIB EXP||19412||6:55 AM||11:20 AM||4 hrs 25 mins||All Week|
|DEE RJT EXPRESS||20914||9:35 PM||1:45 AM||4 hrs 10 mins||Friday|
|ASHRAM EXPRESS||12916||10:40 PM||2:20 AM||3 hrs 40 mins||All Week|
|ADI SJ RAJDHANI||12958||1:50 AM||5:25 AM||3 hrs 35 mins||All Week|
|AII DDR EXPRESS||12990||8:00 PM||12:25 AM||4 hrs 25 mins||Sunday, Wednesday, Friday|
Pushkar to Mount Abu Via Flight
To reach Mount Abu from Pushkar by flight, you will first need to book a flight from Jaipur to the nearest airport to Mount Abu, which is the Udaipur Airport. From there, you can either rent a car or take a taxi to reach Mount Abu, which is about 185 kilometers away. The drive from Udaipur to Mount Abu typically takes about 3-4 hours. Alternatively, you can also book a flight from Jaipur to Ahmedabad, which is about 228 kilometers away from Mount Abu. From Ahmedabad, you can take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Mount Abu. The drive from Ahmedabad to Mount Abu takes about 3-4 hours.
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Proper planning is key to having a successful and enjoyable trip from Pushkar to Mount Abu. Make sure to have all the necessary details, including the exact location of your destination and the contact information for your transportation. It’s also a good idea to check for any road closures or detours that might affect your travel plans. With advance preparation, you can guarantee that your journey will be smooth and stress-free.