Are you planning a trip from Sikar to Mount Abu? Look no further than the beautiful scenic route that connects these two fascinating destinations.
Welcome to our blog about the beautiful and picturesque journey from Sikar to Mount Abu! Nestled in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan, Mount Abu is a popular hill station and a perfect getaway from the scorching heat of the desert state. Located at a distance of around 535 kilometers from Sikar, this road trip is a treat for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike. Along the way, you will come across charming villages, breathtaking landscapes, and ancient temples. So, pack your bags and join us as we embark on this exciting journey from Sikar to Mount Abu.
Essential Tips for Planning Your Trip
Here are a few essential tips to help you plan your trip from Sikar to Mount Abu:
- Choose the right mode of transportation: Depending on your budget, time constraints, and personal preferences, you can choose to travel by air, train, bus, or car. Consider factors such as cost, convenience, and comfort when deciding on the best option for you.
- Plan your route and itinerary: Map out your route and plan your stops along the way. Consider visiting landmarks and points of interest, such as the Ranakpur Jain Temple and the Kumbhalgarh Fort. Also, plan your activities in Mount Abu in advance to make the most of your time.
- Book your accommodations: Research and book your accommodations in advance to ensure availability and get the best rates. There are various accommodation options available in Mount Abu, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts.
- Pack wisely: Pack light and bring only the essentials for your trip. Keep in mind the weather and pack accordingly.
- Respect local customs and traditions: When traveling to a new place, it is important to respect the local customs and traditions. Be mindful of your behavior and dress code, and try to learn some basic phrases in the local language to show respect to the locals.
- Stay safe: Take necessary precautions to ensure your safety during your trip. Keep an eye on your belongings, be aware of your surroundings, and follow local safety guidelines.
Primary Attractions of Mount Abu
Along your journey to Mount Abu, you’ll find plenty of attractions to keep your trip exciting! From breathtaking natural sites like the Dilwara Temple and Nakki Lake to man-made marvels like the Adhar Devi Temple and Gaumukh Temple, there is something for everyone. Additionally, take a visit to the Achalgarh Fort or explore the picturesque sunset point for even more stunning views. With all these attractions, you’ll never be short of an unforgettable experience!
Driving From Sikar to Mount Abu
The distance between Sikar and Mount Abu is approximately 535 kilometers Via NH62, and the drive typically takes about 10-11 hours depending on traffic and road conditions.
It is recommended to avoid driving at night from Abu road to Mount Abu, as the road can be winding and narrow in places, and visibility can be poor. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for wild animals, as they are sometimes known to roam on the Mount Abu road.
Overall, the drive from Sikar to Mount Abu is a beautiful and scenic journey that offers a glimpse into the diverse landscapes and cultures of Rajasthan.
Sikar to Mount Abu Via Bus
If you are planning to travel from Sikar to Mount Abu by bus, you will not be able to find a direct service. However, there may be several bus services available from Sikar to Swaroopganj, which is 22 kilometers from Mount Abu. To get the most current information on schedules and fares for these services, it is recommended to contact the local bus station or a travel agent.
Buses from Sikar to Swaroopganj
|Operator Name||Departure Time||Arrival Time to Mount Abu||Time Duration||Starting Price||Pickup|
|Bhati Tour And Travels|
A/C Sleeper (2+1)
|16:00||03:00||11hrs 00mins||₹ 1199||Pinki Travels Sikar|
|Gajraj bus service|
A/C Seater / Sleeper (2+1)
|18:45||05:20||10hrs 35mins||₹ 1049||raj travels piprali by pass|
A/C Seater / Sleeper (2+1)
|13:30||23:15||09hrs 45mins||₹ 762||Jakhar Travels, Piprali Bypass Choraha, Jaipur Road, Sikar|
The journey by bus from Sikar to Swaroopganj typically takes around 9-11 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The route is scenic and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Most buses will make stops along the way, allowing passengers to take a break and stretch their legs.
When traveling by bus, it is important to be prepared for the journey. Make sure to carry any necessary documents and be sure to arrive at the bus station in plenty of time before your scheduled departure. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks and water for the trip, as well as any necessary medications.
Overall, traveling by bus from Sikar to Mount Abu is a convenient and affordable way to explore the region. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a comfortable and enjoyable journey.
Sikar to Mount Abu Via Train
To travel from Sikar to Mount Abu by train, you will need to take a train to Abu Road railway station first. From Abu Road, you can then take a taxi or other means of transportation to reach Mount Abu. Keep in mind that there are no direct trains from Sikar to Mount Abu, so you will need to plan your journey accordingly and book tickets in advance.
|Train Name||Train Number||Departure Time From Sikar||Arrival Time To Abu Road||Journey Duration||Running Days|
|ARAVALI EXPRESS||14701||7:00 AM||4:55 PM||9 hrs 55 mins||All Week|
|CDG BDTS EXP||22452||1:07 PM||8:30 PM||7 hrs 13 mins||Sunday, Wednesay|
Check out more trains : IRCTC
What To See And Do In Mount Abu
As a traveler, you’ll be thrilled to know that Mount Abu has plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations:
- Visit the Dilwara Temple: These ancient Jain temples are known for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a boat ride on Nakki Lake: This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush green hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. You can take a boat ride or go paddling on the lake to enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar: This is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The hike to the top is moderate and takes around 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Brahma Kumaris Peace Park: This park is a serene and peaceful place, known for its beautiful gardens and spiritual atmosphere. It is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Explore the local markets: Mount Abu is home to several colorful markets where you can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. You can also try the local cuisine at the street food stalls and restaurants.
- Go wildlife spotting: Mount Abu is home to a variety of animals, such as leopards, sambar deer, and sloth bears. You can enjoy a wildlife sanctuary or hike in the surrounding forests to spot these animals.
- Try adventure activities: You can also indulge in adventure activities such as camping, trekking, and rock climbing in Mount Abu.
- Explore other attractions: There are several other attractions in Mount Abu such as the Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, Achalgarh Fort, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, and the Gaumukh Temple.
Overall, Mount Abu has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture. So, make sure to add these activities to your itinerary and have a memorable trip.
Accommodation & Food Options – where to stay and what local cuisine to try
From cozy homestays to luxurious hotels, there are plenty of great accommodation options in Mount Abu. After settling in, be sure to try some of the local cuisine – from savory Maharashtrian dishes to delicious Marwari specialties, you won’t be disappointed! For those looking for a unique taste experience, the city is home to numerous regional cafes and restaurants serving up everything from street food snacks to flavorful traditional desserts. With all this delicious food, you’ll have an unforgettable time exploring Mount Abu’s culinary culture!
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Mount Abu, there are various options to choose from. These include budget hotels, mid-range hotels, guesthouses, Dharamshala, and luxury resorts.
- Hotels: There are several hotels in Mount Abu that offer a range of room categories and amenities. You can choose a hotel based on your budget and preferences.
- Resorts: There are several resorts in Mount Abu that offer a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, spas, and restaurants. These resorts are ideal for a relaxing and luxurious stay.
- For budget accommodation in Mount Abu, guesthouses and Dharamshalas offer basic facilities at affordable rates. These options are suitable for travelers who want a more economical stay and it is recommended to compare prices and amenities before booking.
- Homestays: If you are looking for a more local and authentic experience, you can consider staying in a homestay. Homestays offer a unique and personal experience and are a great way to learn about the local culture and way of life.
- Campsites: If you are looking for a more adventure-filled stay, you can consider camping in Mount Abu. There are several campsites in the area that offer a range of amenities such as tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak season, to get the best rates and availability. You should also consider factors such as location, amenities, and reviews while choosing a place to stay.
What To Eat In Mount Abu
Mount Abu is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine, which is influenced by the flavors of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Here are some popular dishes and drinks you can try while in Mount Abu:
- Daal Baati Churma: This is a traditional Rajasthani dish made of lentils, balls of whole wheat flour, and a sweet mixture of crushed wheat, ghee, and sugar.
- Pyaaz ki kachori: This is a deep-fried snack made of flour dough stuffed with a spicy mixture of onions and spices.
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji: This is a vegetable dish made of potatoes and eggplants cooked in spicy gravy.
- Laal maas: This is a spicy mutton curry cooked with red chili paste and flavored with a variety of spices.
- Gatte Ki Sabji: This is a vegan dish made of gram flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy.
- Lassi: This is a refreshing drink made of curd and flavored with spices, nuts, and fruit.
- Masala Chai: This is a popular Indian tea made with milk, water, and a blend of spices such as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Overall, Mount Abu has a wide variety of dishes and drinks to choose from, and you can try a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. It is advisable to try the local cuisine and visit the street food stalls and restaurants to get a taste of the local flavors.
Read Also: Famous Food In Mount Abu
Proper preparation is key when it comes to a trip from Sikar to Mount Abu. You should have the exact location of your destination, as well as the contact information for your chosen mode of transportation. It is also advisable to check for any potential road closures or diversions before setting out on your journey. This will help you have a smooth and enjoyable trip.